Church History

 

The Valencia Church was organized in 1842 as West Union Church in the area known as Treesdale Farm.  The log church was supplied by visiting ministers who performed the sacraments.  The first pastor was Rev. James Given.  The log church was replaced by a frame building in 1858.

 

In 1889, the congregation organized a mission school and a Young People's Society in the Borough Hall of Valencia.  In 1900, the West Union Church was abandoned and the congregation moved to Valencia.  Ground was broken for a new church on Sterrett Street in Valencia on April 24, 1905.  The cornerstone was laid on August 21, 1905.  The church, dedicated on January 21, 1906 was known as the Valencia United Presbyterian Church.

 

Historic VPC and Valencia School-edited

© 2017 Valencia Presbyterian Church
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community